Oct 5, 2010

Migration

The train started to move leaving from behind my hometown. It passed through old farm fields that I used for a playground when I was young but that was 10 years ago. Now I’m eighteen, I have to go to the city for university because back in my rural hometown, there are no collages or universities, It has only an elementary school, middle school and high school. I know that I will have hard times fitting in when I move to the city. I have to learn the way urban people live. I have a headache because my mom always tells me to stay away from society problems. I decided to go the city not just because of university, there also many opportunities for jobs and business.

The city is a lot different than countryside. Money is very important in the city. I cannot rely on my family because they have enough problems of their own. I am the only child, I had to help my parents a lot in the farm. I am afraid that they cannot do it on their own so I will try to study as hard as I can and also I will work a part time job so that they don’t have to worry about me anymore. I go back once a while when I get the chance, I promise to myself that I will never forget about my hometown. It is like a shelter for my heart and when I think about it, it helps me to get out of strain.

4 comments:

  1. Good! Use vocabulary really well! I like you reason about university for migrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sentence "it is like a shelter for my heart" :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is short but you had all the information about push and pull factors, i like it:d. I think you should focus more at grammar, you should keep it all in past tense or present tense :x

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgeee i lovee yourr story
    i love what you learnt
    i think its better than mine (;

    ReplyDelete